If you own a Hoakalei home, a class action lawsuit may affect your rights.
A Judge authorized the dissemination of the Notice. This is not a solicitation from a lawyer.
- Hoakalei homeowners have sued Haseko Homes, Inc.; Haseko Construction, Inc.; Haseko Construction Kamakana LLC; Haseko Development, Inc.; Hoakalei Residential, LLC; Ke Noho Kai Development, LLC; Haseko (Ewa), Inc.; and presently unnamed Doe Defendants (jointly “Haseko”) claiming that Haseko caused installation of and/or sold homes with defective shot pins at the foundation level of their Hoakalei homes. In particular, the Hoakalei homeowners claim that the shot pins are corroding. Haseko denies any and all liability and asserts that the shot pins installed in the Class homes are not defective.
- First Circuit Court Judge John M. Tonaki allowed this lawsuit to proceed as a class action. Judge Tonaki certified the Class. Your receipt of the Notice means that you may be a part of the Class, which, subject to certain exclusions set forth in FAQ No. 10 below, includes all individual and entity homeowners who purchased homes in the development known as Hoakalei, located in the District of Ewa, City and County of Honolulu, Island of O‘ahu, State of Hawai‘i, that were designed, developed, and constructed with shot pins. The Class claims do not include any claims for alleged building code violations related to the Class Homes.
- Neither the Court nor any potential arbitrator for this matter have decided whether the shot pins are in fact defective. There are no money damages available now and no guarantee that there will be money damages in the future. However, your rights are affected, and you have a choice to make now.
|YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS LAWSUIT:|
|Stay in this lawsuit. Give up rights. Await the outcome. Share in possible money or benefits obtained in this lawsuit.|
EXCLUDE YOURSELF FROM THE CLASS BY July 7, 2022.
|Get out of this lawsuit. Keep rights. Do not share in possible money damages or benefits obtained in this lawsuit.|
- Lawyers must prove the claims against Haseko in Court or at a potential arbitration. There is currently no date set for trial or a potential arbitration. Please check the Class website (www.HoakaleiShotPinClass.com) for updates. If money damages or benefits are obtained, those who do not opt out of the Class will be notified about how to participate in the recovery.
- Your rights and options—and the deadlines to exercise them—are explained in the Notice.